24 March 2009

Queen for the Day

It has been five years since Mark and I went fishing for steelhead Mark style. Things like babies and incompatible work schedules have gotten in the way. So imagine how excited we were to finally have a mutual day off in the middle of the week! Whoo Hoo!


We floated a stretch of a "tributary to Lake Erie," which I have never done before. Usually, we hike, but today, Mark was my "guide," for he rowed my arse down the river, showed me where the fish were, and made me cheesy brats on a bun stream side. We also took a short walk up to he waterfall and witnessed the flight of an American Bald Eagle. Oh, and we also caught fish!

The Queen



and her trusty guide. AKA My One True Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some impressive fish! Sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

I love all the secretive talk... "down 'a tributary to Lake Erie'..." lol. ...Bald eagles are amazing. I saw my first bald (m&f) golden eagles in the old Cottonwoods across the street last summer. I'm so glad they're returning to li'l old Eastern Ohio. Means good things (better things) are happening with the water.

Mark looks almost as proud when he's holdlng his kids as he does when he's holding that fish!

Looks like you had a great day together!